Tuesday, December 11, 2007

..Gifts..

So I dont know where to begin, or if there even is anywhere to begin... Nothing impacting has happend and as much as I wish something did.. we all know you dont always get what you want.. what I do know is I get to go home on Friday.. HOME = OHIO... And I am not really all that excited but then again I am. I dont know..

This morning once again there were four people late to breakfast which means.. we get to walk the hill tomorrow at 7 am before breakfast.. The hill is a mile long and icey.. lots of falling for me.. even though I was there on time.. whatever though.

I was reading Captivating this morning and a little tonight also .. I read about how Staci had wanted God to give her a gift like he did for her husband.. He let Jon see a whale.. I know that sounds really wierd but he was alone and He seen a whale jump out of the water and in his heart he knew God did that for him .. so Staci wanted something like that to happen to her and after sitting at the beach for awhile she pretty much knew she wouldnt see a whale, so she started walking away when she all of a sudden seen a bunch of colorful starfish... that was her gift.. God wants us to ask him for things.. and No hes not stupid and he knows We sooo dont deserve anything but he loves us enough to want to give us things. I asked for a gift today.. I didnt get anything.. Well... but thats not a bad thing.. Because in the end I can look behind me right now.. take my eyes off this computer screen and see a few of my friends playing chess, laughing and talking to each other.. and my heart is warmed because well.. thats a beautiful gift .. to have a family of 55 other people who know me... and love me. People who are going to leave marks on my heart forever. So God didnt exactly place a starfish or a whale in front of me.. but theres a gift here.. thats just enough.

No comments: