Monday, February 25, 2008

Im such a girl.. I know

Here we go again with a Sunday night week in review.. I hate doing this.. I wish I had kept up in my blog so I would more interesting things to look back on. But… you cant always get what you want.

So Im going to write about boys… is that okay lol?

As you know from my past entries there is a guy Im interested in.. but I’ve started to see past it.. I’m not in the mood to like someone who isn’t interested in me. We are good friends and I hate to say but that’s most likely all we will ever be.

Do you remember the kid I told you I saw when I was in jail.. Lance. The one I use to hang out with when I lived in Troy. Well wrote him a letter as soon as I got back to Joshua. And well… yesterday I got one back.. 6 pages long!!

I have to admit something.. I expected trash. I expected him to only be thinking about one thing.. if you know what I mean! (even though he was never like that before), I expected his letter to be short, sloppy and not make sense.. None of it was like that. I have never received a letter from a guy that was so jeez professional in a way. He has really good hand writing and his form in writing is awesome.. I understood what he was saying and felt like he was speaking it to me. He didn’t disrespect me at all, he didn’t say anything out of line.. He said the picture I sent him (yes I sent a picture) was beautiful.. not hot .. not sexy … he said beautiful.. and that was it.. he didn’t pursue that part of the letter at all. He just complimented me and moved on with other topics. He was honest. Very honest.. he told me why he was in jail (he didn’t do anything horrible so don’t worry lol).. but he was honest about it.. and he didn’t try to make it sound like he didn’t do anything wrong.. he was very forward with the fact he knew he messed up.

He reminisced on some funny memories we had made back in the day.. and told me the look on my face was priceless when we saw each other in jail lol. He also told me about his plans for life when he gets out. He wrote a lot about how hes made a lot of changes in his life since I seen him.. good changes ( he use to be a very lazy pot head.. and more)

He told me how excited he was to see me and get my letter.. and one of the coolest things he said was “Im glad your doing good.. you were always so much better than all the drama you put up with.” I know a lot of the drama was caused by me.. but Lance was always someone who was there up front .. he listened to me when I was mad and upset and was such a great friend.. I guess I forgot that along the way….

Then.. at the end.. He asked me if when I come to visit him if Id like to go out an see a movie or something with him…. So…. Is that a date? Am I being asked out by a flippin convict… haha.

Don’t worry.. Im still in the Joshua program haha.

I had a few friends read the letter.. and most of them were really impressed with it. My friend Arial told me that she felt I was obligated to now be honest with him. It was my turn to tell him how my life is different now and its all because of God.. sooo.. I wrote him a four page typed letter.. I told him why I came to Joshua.. and through the letter I keep referring to how God has changed my life.. how good he is. I didn’t preach at him or anything.. I just told him how it was for me.. ( he did ask )

Is it bad that Im excited about this.. Im going to be careful obviously and more than anything this is a chance to witness to him.. Im pretty sure God didn’t just put me in Troy and have me sit right next to the kid in jail for no reason… Im excited to have Lance back in my life.. Im excited to see what Gods plans are with this.. and every part.. (DON’T get the wrong idea Im not saying hes the one lol.. friendship… that’s all)

Soo.. Ill keep you posted.

I worked in Hume N Beans this weekend.. a coffee shop.. I flippin loved it. Lol.

1 comment:

Shadedbygrace said...

so I have this perfect book for you to read before you go out for your first "date" with Lance: "Passion and Purity" by Elizabeth Elliot or "Quest for Love" also by Elizabeth Elliot. Hehe... but really now, they're must read books. You are in my prayers.