Thursday, February 14, 2008

babble

I have a few things Id like to write about.. it may be quick because.. well Im about to leave for our Valentines Day Pause Event.. ice skating at the ARK.... hmmmm.

So I was reading in my journal this morning during devo.. the one Ive kept close to my side since Jan 1, 2004.... 4 years ago.. crazy that theres still about half the journal left to fill... I stopped writing in it since.. I wanted to do my blog and concentrate on Week In reviews... anyways.. Its a good thing to read.. but I reailzed.. I wrote alot about guys.. this guy and that guy.... and I have to say Im very proud of my blogs now adays.. since I havnt written about guys... well maybe once or twice.. but my blogs consist of life.. my life.. and God and my struggles and who I am... Its nice and relieving to see not only my out look on life change and my attitude and my relationship with God.. but also... to see my attitude and out look on the God situation has changed.. I asked God in the begining to not give me any one.. that Im not ready and dont want to fall in love until Im in love with God.. and now.. I can honestly say.. Im falling more and more in love with God as the days go by.. he is my BEST friend.. and hasnt left my side once... not even in Jail.. he was with me th whole time.. and I kept my faith and believed he was there with me.... Its amazing to me how I could be soooo gosh... hmmm empty?

so the reason I wrote that is .. probably to give my self permission to talk about a guy... I feel awkward writing about it.. because everything ive ever written about a guy.. I look back and laugh at myself.. "I really thought I loved him." "I miss him." or the best one.. "HES THE ONE"... so I dont want to embaress myself anymore than I have... but... there is someone who catches my eye these days... more than likely Ill leave Joshua and wont talk to him.. or at least.. Ill move on.. (theres more fish in the sea).. but right now.. while Im here in the moment.. hes alot like someone I would want in a spouse.. He has good characteristics.... Hes funny and nice and sarcastic.. in a really good way.. he has a good family back ground.. hes open and loving and compassionate.. and most importantly and all that matters is he Loves God.


I dont like asking God for this .. I dont like being.. "Hey God thats who I want." So I sometimes will say I really like him... but for the most part.. I just want someone whos like that... Someone with those characteristics.. I never want to lower myself to what I was before.. to the guys I had before.. I never want to feel used and worthless... I want someone who is.. God fearing.. God loving.. and is more in love with God than me... thats what I want..

Its hard... Im afraid of going home and not having people like this in my life... I know there are ways to find good christian friends and maybe potentially meet a good christian guy.. but at the same time. I like what I have here.. and almost selfishly dont want to give it up....

So off the whole guy subject... I havnt talked to my Dad since the day I got out of jail... He was happy I got out and happy I was okay and everything worked out.. and all in all happy for me... so why.. WHY does he keep things from me.. everytime I talk to him I ask him.. "How is everyone.. Hows Grandpa" .. and he says. "Fine"... so why.. WHY hasnt he told me that gramps has cancer (not that im crazy upset about it.. im not close with him.. but close enough)... its just the common courtesy.. thats my family too and Id like to know these things.. my Dads done this for years.. He doesnt talk... he waits till its all in the open than acknowledges it.. so what am I suppose to wait till Gramps dies to find out he had cancer.. and wish I had known before so I could talk to him...

Okay Im just getting sappy and thats dumb.

My birth certificate hasnt come in yet... it sucks but... If God wants me in Israel.. Ill be there... and I have to remember.. in the end all that matters is God.. nothing on this earth compares.. no home, no friends, no family.. no cool car, no nice clothes, the perfect weight.. the perfect guy... (sighs).. good schooling, good home, nice room, cool things.. nothing.. absolutley NOTHING matters.. not my writings not this blog.. not Israel.. not Joshua.. just God... I love him.. I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM!!! and I trust him with my life...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah.... you are too funny. And smart :)

So here is the news... we managed to pay your entire tuition payment due today. All $600.00. And you're last payment in April will be covered by your tax return. No more worries about making to graduation.

Now it's time for Isreal to enter the picture.... Randy and I really think you will end up going. And when that happens we will all have witnessed something not so short of a miracle! :)

I'm proud of you... you've done and are continuing to do so well. It'll be great to have you home soon!

Kara said...

Thanks for blessing me Sarah. Thanks for writing what you write.
Thanks for being so transparent with your struggles.
Thanks for being beautiful you.

You are becoming the wise woman you have been wanting to meet.